See that picture up there? It says something about an award. Yeah, that’s because, with the luck and wonder and awesome people of this world, I was nominated for a Liebster Award. At first, when I saw something about that, I had no idea what was going on. I mean, when Scott from don’t touch my poodle messaged me telling me he’d nominated me for an award, I just kind of stared for a moment. I’m sure he thought I was ignoring him at first, too. Due to finals coming up, it was five days before I checked my messages.
I wasn’t ignoring him, though, and I honestly LOVE this idea of a way to really let people know about bloggers you think are amazing. I am so excited to not only have been nominated, but also to have the chance to nominate others. So, a little about how this works…
The Liebster Award was started as a way to tell other small bloggers that their work is appreciated, and to do so in a more global manner. Other blogs are referenced, thereby driving traffic to ones’ site as we reference each other.
How It Works
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. Like for me, this is another turn for me to say THANK YOU Scott! 🙂
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Perhaps it’s bad of me, but I only have six… but I’m new-ish at blogging. This has given me the incentive to really check out some new people.
Let’s Get to Answering!
What toothpaste do you use?
- Whichever is the cheapest at the time. I think I have- since beginning college- found myself at the Dollar Store more times than I can count. You’d never believe what you can find there! It’s amazing. And it’s always funny to check out the toys that, while they were amazing to us as children until they broke (one day in to playing with them), are terrible. Well… that went off on a tangent, didn’t it?
Who was your favorite elementary school teacher?
- The lovely Mrs. Vernon of course- my kindergarten teacher. She and I got along well because she recognized my love of anything reading, writing, or storytelling very early on and helped me stay entertained and challenged. I still go and pay visits to her classroom to this day, though I feel a little more like a giant than the perfectly-sized 4 year old I used to be.
What was the last book you read?
- Well, that’s a difficult one because I tend to read a few books at a time. I guess it’d be City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. The movie is coming out on the 21st, and I want to see how well they follow the book. It’s kind of a thing for me. If you haven’t read the Mortal Instruments series, though, GO! Go go go! You must read them. They’re wonderful.
What reminds you of your favorite grandparent?
- Chocolate covered pretzels. When I was very young, I used to go to the Sale Barn (which is very like a giant yard sale/plant sale/animal sale that goes on before and during an auction) with my Poppy and my Grandmother. My Poppy and I were always thick as thieves, and so he’d take me over to the booth with the chocolate covered pretzels and buy me the biggest bag they had, and I sat and ate them all day in the heat. I got chocolate everywhere. Those were some of the best times of my life.
Toilet paper: over or under?
- Over. Under is plain annoying. I just don’t understand it. Please, you Under people, explain it to me.
What is your all time favorite movie?
- That’s like asking… I dunno… what’s my favorite Pokemon? There are way too many for me to decide. Right now, my top favorites are Tangled (Disney Favorite), Mama (Horror Favorite), Host (Book Turned to Movie Favorite), Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Comedy Favorite), Epic (Animated Favorite), and Now You See Me (Suspense/Drama Favorite).
Righty or lefty?
- Righty, though some day I hope to be ambidextrous.
Dog person or cat person?
- For loyalty, dog person. I love dogs, but they scare me to death if I don’t know them well. I actually own cats and I love them to death.
What makes you a good neighbor?
- I guess that I’m pretty quiet, I love to bake things for people, and I will do anything- well, almost- to help someone in need.
When do you feel you’ve been at your best?
- This past year, I believe, has been me at my best. I’ve been- despite my nearly summer long hiatus- writing, getting myself out there for people to see, and really working hard. I’ve been moving toward achieving dreams I’ve held and/or given up for a long time. I’ve stopped doubting myself as much, and I’m just doing well.
What are you grateful for today?
- Honestly? My friends. The ones I know through here, through work, through everyday life. I’m thankful that they stuck with me through the social anxiety and the nerves and all my silly little quirks because they’ve helped me get to a point in my life that I didn’t think was possible, and every day, they get me a little bit closer to where I want to be. They help more than they know.
Answer Us This
- Where’s that one place that you feel the most comfortable by yourself?
- Books or Movies? This is for movies that start with a written counterpart. Both is not an option. Which do you prefer?
- What is your favorite restaurant- that place you can go four trillion times in a row and never get tired of it?
- If given a million dollars tomorrow and were not able to spend it on yourself at all, what would you do with the money?
- What was/is your dream job?
- If you could have only one soda for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What childhood memory is your absolute favorite? And don’t say you don’t know. It’s probably the story you’ve told everyone three million times and they know it by heart. Most of us have one.
- What’s the best birthday present you have ever gotten?
- What’s the one thing you always use to put off something you don’t want to do? Like, mine is checking my email because it leads to living on the internet for hours.
- Favorite childhood board game? Even made up ones count here.
- What was the one thing that convinced you to start blogging?